Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Espadrilles

A week ago, I went to visit a family friend (MJ) I haven't seen for a long while in the city where I grew up. I asked my nephew to accompany me since it was a weekend and with the assumption that he had nothing better to do. :)

Late in the afternoon, MJ wanted to get a haircut because it's 1/10 cheaper than in her adopted country. While we waited for her turn, there were some college students preparing for an acquaintance party. When they went out to sit on the couch, I immediately noticed one of them wearing espadrilles with her little black dress.

Espadrilles are my favorite type of shoes.:) So, I dared my nephew to ask the girl where she bought it. But, my nephew wouldn't dare ask! I even bribed him with a celphone or a laptop to no avail. Although I think he knows I was only kidding with the celphone and laptop. :) Using my phone, I tried to take a photo of the espadrilles to no avail. To appease my curiosity, my nephew took a shot from his celphone (he was next to the girl).


From that moment on, I was bugging him to email me the photo when he gets to a PC because my phone won't accept the photo through the infrared and bluetooth features.

Two days after that incident, I was on my way home from work when a heavy downpour occured. I stayed at a mall to wait for it to stop. Without thinking, I went to their shoe section to see if they have new shoes on display. And I can't believe my eyes when I saw the the same espadrilles! It was very affordable too! Eureka! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment