Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Dare: Complete the Oriental Lady of Wisdom by End of 2010

On December 17, 2009, I decided to start cross stitching again (after more than 5 years of hibernation). While browsing through a needlecraft store in one of the malls, I got attracted to the "Oriental Lady of Wisdom" because of the colors used in the pattern:


Some of my acquaintances usually say that I have one of the most boring hobbies. I believe otherwise. Cross stitching helps me create a thing of intricate beauty. I love the solitude when I'm completing a pattern; and when I'm done, I love the smile it brings to my face. The patterns I complete are not original, but they're the only art forms that I can create with my own hands (I think).

It's past the middle of 2010, but it's not yet 50% complete (disclaimer: busy work schedule...hehehe):
 
 
So, I've dared myself to complete it by the end of this year. *crosses fingers* The question is, can I do it?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment