Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ruminations

The first time I listened to Coldplay's Ghost Stories, it never crossed my mind that it would have melancholic lyrics because it didn't sound melancholic to me. Until I listened to the stories behind the alluring sound of each track, I never would have thought that I've been listening to stories about broken hearts...broken expectations.

Someone who could hurt that much, can love that much. (Am I making sense?] So sad, right? But, Chris Martin and the band were really good at drawing out the good side behind the sorrow. It surprises me that I don't feel heartbroken whenever I listen to the album's tracks. It makes me wish that Ghost Stories was written and released in an almost-forgotten lifetime.:) It would have made me realize that having a broken heart isn't that bad; and that I'm not alone. Almost everyone gets to experience having their hearts broken once or probably more than once in their lives, and Ghost Stories tells me that loneliness  from a broken heart can be expressed without being overly dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment