Sunday, June 30, 2013

A most relaxing trip

Tacloban City. It was by far the cheapest and most relaxing trip I've ever had. I never thought I would be able to share a day or even a few relaxing days with friends since our high school days. I couldn't put into words the joy of seeing us together after 16 long years. The feeling was overwhelming but it was only contained through laughter and daily offerings of gratitude to someone Who made the trip possible.

I convinced myself to write my thoughts because I've read somewhere that if I don't write it, it didn't happen. :D So, here it goes....

Although I may have had some disappointments with the sights in the city, I still pat myself on the back because this was the first trip that I personally and successfully (a self-proclaimed success) organized -- at a lesser cost too! :D

For a budget hotel accommodation that regularly books at P688/night (with wifi), I got the chance to reserve a room at P388/night excluding VAT. So, for 3 nights (P1,303.68) two of us shared the room for only P651.84/each. And, we were also able to book round trip flights during a promo period for P728.00 each, which at a regular rate would cost around P2,300+ each. Imagine the savings. Gasp!:D

The Budget Hotel

It was my second time to stay at a Go Hotels (the first time was at their Mandaluyong location). I'm glad to note that they didn't disappoint at both locations even though the booking rate was at P388/night. The rooms were clean and more than what I would expect for a room at that rate. Thankfully, my friends who were booked at a higher rate with the same amenities also liked the place. whew!


Tacloban City Sights

Tacloban City tourist spots can be visited in a day or two. I was a bit disappointed that they were not well cared but, my friends and I were glad that we were able to see them in their original states not replicas or before they become ruins. I wish the next generation could still see those sites not replicas.

San Juanico Bridge

Thanks to the friend of one of our friends, we were able to visit San Juanico Bridge directly from the airport (for free).

Sto. Niño Shrine and Heritage Museum

Even at its current physical state, I was amazed at its grandeur. I didn't know there was already a place with centralized air conditioning during the 70s. I was thinking that if it was a mansion or a small palace, how grandiose can a real palace be?

Leyte Provincial Capitol

The left mural depicts the first mass at Limasawa Island; the right mural shows Gen. Douglas McArthur when he landed in Palo, Leyte.

Tacloban City Hall

Price Mansion

Although it's now an office building, I couldn't say the building was well-maintained.

Leyte Landing Memorial

Madonna of Japan

A symbol of friendship between the Philippines and Japan.

Kanhuraw Hill

The map of Leyte at the back looks like the Crucified Christ on the other side.

Redoña Residence

The most disappointing historical place we've visited. I was expecting that it was well taken cared of because it was once a residence of a Philippine president.

Best Pictures :D



No comments:

Post a Comment