Saturday, October 27, 2012

Partial Color Effect: Six Years Later


More than a year after my first point-and-shoot camera became useless; I finally gave in and bought a new one. It’s still a similar brand and model to my old one but, a higher version with an affordable price. I was actually looking for a cam that would still allow me to use my battery packs from my old cam (because those battery packs are pretty expensive). Unfortunately, the latest model that can allow me to use them is way beyond my budget. I have to stick to the budget or suffer the consequences. J

I think this is the first time that I exercised reason over emotion when it comes to buying not-so-important things. Although I know that deep down, I really want the camera that I could use my old battery packs with; I also know that my interest in electronic things can easily fade. So, I congratulate myself for sticking to the original budget! J

Although my new camera only has a 180-degree sweep panorama, I still liked it. And during the first 15 minutes spent tweaking it, I also had fun with the partial color effect feature. This feature got my interest six years ago but, it was not readily available in affordable point-and-shoot cameras. (I guess this makes my new cam outdated…hehehe) I envied those who have cams with this feature. But, I’m thankful I did not give in to that emotion because I realized it’s one of the things that’s only interesting when I don’t have it. J

Here are my first few shots using the partial color effect:



No comments:

Post a Comment