Saturday, August 19, 2006

reflections....

The Final Move
-- Chris Rice



It was love that set our fragile plante rolling
Tilting at our perfect twenty-three
Molecules and men infused with holy
Finding our way around the galaxy
And Paradise was up and flown away for now
But hope still breathes and truth is always love
And just when we think it's almost over
Love has the final move
Love has the final move...



Something right went very wrong
But love has been here all along



***



Nonny Nonny
-- Chris Rice



My adolesen[ce]
Reads just like the Pevensies' adventures
'cause every perfect now and then
I caught a glimpse of Aslan's mane
And I longed for His treasure
Something in His mystery was drawing me
To love the Author of my own biography



***



I Would be True
-- Howard A. Walter



I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare;
I would be friend of all -- the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up and laugh and love [life]



***



"'Sorry' is not the hardest word:  it can be dispensed easily and shallowly, without comprehension of its ramifications.  It can be wielded manipulatively, as a tool to try to win favor.  But it can also be used sincerely, to clear the decks, to take responsibility, to learn from mistakes, to change one's behavior and begin again."  -- Leonie Wood of The Age [an Australian online newspaper]

No comments:

Post a Comment